The 4th of July is a couple of days away and I’m sure am excited, aren’t you? The barbeques, the pool parties, fireworks…. you get it. If you’re looking for ideas for a Fourth of July breakfast, look no further. This recipe is a quick and easy breakfast for two. If you
want to make more, double or triple the ingredients.
Ingredients (Makes 4 – 5 pancakes)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cut in half or diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate container, mix together milk, butter, and egg. (Do not mix wet and dry ingredients together until you are ready to make the pancakes)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until their are no more lumps (make sure that you don’t over mix the ingredients).
- Include blueberries to the batter and mix together.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle and coat with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour batter and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Make sure the edges are dry and bubbles appear on top of the pancakes before flipping.
- Once flipped, cook the other side for about 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked in the middle.
- Once pancakes have been cooked, place to the side.
- Mix together strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a pot.
- Cook on medium or medium high for about 5 minutes or more until it reaches the thickened consistency that you prefer.
- Place pancakes on a plate and pour strawberry syrup on top of the pancakes.
- You can add regular syrup as well if you prefer.