The Fourth of July is not all about the parties and fireworks. It’s also about America’s Independence and being united, not just as a country, but as a people as well, despite our differences. On that note, I wanted to share with you my journey to finding the perfect
Vanilla Cupcake recipe. I’ve been looking for that recipe that would give me moist and fluffy cupcake at the same time. Welp, I think I found it! I went over to Life Love and Sugar and found the perfect recipe. As great as the cupcake was, I made a couple adjustments to the recipe and sent it to the next stratosphere. Check it out.
Ingredients (makes 24 mini cupcakes and 12 regular cupcakes)
- 1 2/3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 cup muffin pan
- 24 cup mini muffin pan
- Turn the oven on to 350°F and preheat.
- In a mixing bowl, place flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together.
- Mix dry ingredients together (I used a handheld mixer to mix ingredients together thoroughly).
- In the same mixing bowl, place unsalted butter, sour cream, egg whites, vanilla extract, and milk on top of the dry ingredients.
- Use handheld mixer to mix wet and dry ingredients together (on medium) until mixed well (do not over mix)
- Place cupcake liners in the muffin pans.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Place both pans in the oven.
- Bake the 24 cup mini cupcakes for 8 to 10 minutes and the 12 cup cupcakes for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, place muffins on cooling tray and allow them to cool.