So, once upon a time, I hated sweet potatoes. Like detested it with a passion. Then I found the wonder that is sweet potato fries. Ever since then, I’ve had a craving for baked and fried sweet potatoes. Luckily, I came to my senses and now almost make up things to put
sweet potatoes in. The other night, I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner. As you know, I’m all about using what I have in the house to make some pretty awesome dishes (if I do say so myself). A quick look in the refrigerator and I knew exactly what I was going to make….. Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes! Check out the recipe below and see how I made this wonderful dish.
Sweet Potato Ingredients
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Chicken Thighs, shredded
- 1 15.5 ounce can of Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas)
Chicken Ingredients & Recipe
Click here for the chicken ingredients and recipe.
**I used 4 chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Make sure to cook the chicken before cooking the sweet potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash sweet potatoes with water and a vegetable cleaning brush or the rough side of a sponge, then dry.
- Cut the sweet potatoes crosswise between 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Place sweet potatoes with coconut oil, garlic, and salt in a container and mix together.
- Let rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place aluminum for in a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay sweet potatoes flat on the baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until cooked and browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are being roasted, shred or chop chicken.
- For the Garbanzo beans, open the can and rinse thoroughly.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- On top of the sweet potatoes, put mozzarella cheese, garbanzo beans, chicken, and mozzarella cheese on top (in this order).
- Put the baking pan back in the oven for about 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven, put some on your plate, and enjoy!