Hi! Hope you’re having a great week. Over the days, weeks, months, years…..you get the point, I’ve lamented on having to cook dinner after coming home after a long day at work. It was always, “Should I cook something quick and easy?” or cook what I really
want. Well I have a recipe here for something quick and easy. I love quesadilla (who doesn’t with all that cheese!), but I rarely get a chance to make it seeing that I have thoughts of many of recipes and foods that I want to eat first. Here is a quick and totally easy recipe with just the ingredients that you have in your house.
Serving Size: 6 Prep Time: ~10 minutes
Cook Time: ~20 minutes Total Cook Time: ~30 minutes
- 1 pack of 8″ flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheese, grated ( I used Cheddar Cheese with Basil and Tomatoes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 – 10 slices smoked salmon, I used Foppen Norwegian Smoked Salmon Slices (peppered, traditional, and dill flavored)
- 10 – 12 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
Honey Sour Cream Dip Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 – 3/4 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 – 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, fresh or dried
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Depending on what you are cooking on (I used an electric griddle) preheat your cooking instrument, whether its a griddle or frying pan.
- On a flour tortilla, place cheese, onion, salmon, tomatoes, and top with cheese again. (It is best to prepare quesadillas before cooking so that you have time to prepare the dip).
- Place the tortilla in the griddle before covering it with another tortilla.
- Cover the quesadillas (I used a tempered glass pot lid) so that it can cook evenly.
- While the quesadillas are cooking, you can start the dip.
- For the Honey Sour Cream dip, place the sour cream, honey, garlic, lemon juice, and cilantro in a small container and mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the quesadilla, make sure to cook both sides of the quesadilla until browned and cheese has melted on the inside.
- Cut as desired (I cut them into fourths) and serve with dip. Enjoy!