Who doesn’t like corn dogs? It’s one of those things that we all (almost all of us) had growing up. There is just something about a corn dog covered in ketchup, mustard, and even mayonnaise that gives me the shivers (the good kind!). Mini corn dogs are even
better. Having little bite size piece of corn dogs makes a great dipper. Now corn dogs can be eaten as a meal, or even a snack.
- Deep Fryer (I used an electric deep fryer)
- Oil (I used vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk, mix 1/2 cup of regular milk with 1.2 tablespoon of white vinegar)
- 1 eggs
- 1 pack Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies (beef sausages), 12 oz.
- Pour oil into deep fryer until you hit the “max” line.
- In a bowl, place flour, corn meal, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder and mix with a whisk.
- Pour milk and egg into the container and use whisk until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour batter into a cup.
- Skewer the beef sausage, placing the toothpick into the center of one end and pushing it about 3/4 of the way.
- Dip the skewered sausages into the batter, making sure it is covered completely (you can fit between 4 to 6 in a cup at the same time, depending on the size of the cup).
- Place the battered covered sausage in the deep fryer and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once all the corn dogs have been fried, enjoy!