I’ve been craving breakfast food something fierce lately. The only thing about this is I don’t eat breakfast, so unless I want to eat breakfast for lunch, snack, or dinner, then that’s the only time I would ever be able to
eat it. Fortunately, I’m weird like that. I enjoy satisfying my cravings any way I can. The one thing I’ve definitely been craving is french toast. There just somet hu ing about the eggs cooked into the bread and being able to drench it in syrup that just has me daydreaming about it once or twice a week. Well, the other night, I decided to put myself out of my own misery and make it for dinner. Check out the recipe. You won’t be disappointed!
Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon agave honey
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 6 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Recipe can be found here.
- In a small bowl, place all the ingredients for the cream cheese filling together.
- Mix together and set aside.
- For the French Toast, crack the eggs in a bowl and place heavy whipping cream, vannila extract, and cinnamon in the bowl.
- Whisk together until all the ingredients are combined.
- On the bread slices, spread cream cheese filling on one of both sides of the bread and put the two slices together.
- In a frying pan, heat oil.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan.
- Allow to cook on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes each or until brown.
- Once all the french toast have been cooks, cut any way you choose.
- Pour desired amount of strawberry syrup on top of french toast and enjoy!