There are times when craving a muffin you have an image of the exact muffin that you want. Whether it’s the richness and goodness of a chocolate muffin, a craving for banana muffin, or the sweetness of a blueberry muffin. Today, it was all about the blueberry muffins. Luckily, I had blueberries to help satisfy my cravings. There is something about blueberries
that I can’t get enough of this year. Whether I put it in pancakes or make blueberry syrup, it’s a craving that does not want to be quenched. I decided to put the blueberries I had in the freezer to good use and make blueberry muffins. I’ve never made blueberry muffins before, so I was weighing the options of what would be better, fresh or frozen blueberries? Well it was an easy choice seeing as I only had frozen blueberries! Check it out.
Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil (I used sunflower and avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl as mix together.
- In another bowl put milk, egg, vanilla extract, and oil together and whisk.
- Pour the liquid ingredients on top of the dry ingredients and use a fork to mix together. Don’t over mix. If there are still traces of flour in the batter, it’s okay.
- Place blueberries in bowl and use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold blueberries into the batter.
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan and fill each liner between 1/2 and 3/4 full.
- Place pan in oven an bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until done.