Hi everyone. It’s been a while. I’ve been trying to eat healthy lately (see the “trying” part) and it’s especially hard to do sometimes (or most times). When I come home from a long day of work, I don’t have the energy or desire to cook
something healthy. I can always find some processed food or something quick and easy to make that requires little to no preparation or thought into what ingredients to take out for this meal or that meal. Right now, im in tge process of doing some meal planning. Ivr always wanted to do this, but never had the time. Every once in a while I would have a plan going into the grocery store, but end up with so much more than I went into the store for. Ill definitely let you know how the process is going. Anyway, Check out this salmon recipe that is quick and easy to make with minimum prep and cook time. Hope you like it!
30 Minutes or Less Honey Garlic Salmon
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used Agave Honey)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a Ziploc bag, place honey, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a bag. Mix ingredients together thoroughly.
- Place salmon fillets flesh side down in marinade and cover both sides with mixture.
- Allow salmon fillets to marinate in room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat cast iron skillet with coconut oil and cover surface of the skillet thoroughly on medium heat.
- Cover both sides of the salmon fillets with a small amount of flour and place salmon flesh side down in the cast iron skillet.
- Sear for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- Place cast iron skillet with the salmon fillets in the oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked completely.
- Serve and enjoy!